OT: UI Prototyping Tool

  • Shane Mingins
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 17, 2005
      In Scott Ambler's article
      http://www.sdmagazine.com/documents/s=9512/sdm0502h/sdm0502h.html

      He mentions a UI prototyping tool
      http://www.6pmodel.com/6PMSite/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=24

      "It offers screen sketching and low-fidelity
      prototyping, and provides magnetic UI widgets that you
      put on a whiteboard and draw around as needed (see
      "It's a Gem"). Once you're happy with your prototype,
      you take a digital photo of it and then process the
      photo with the AXLE software to produce working UI
      source code. AXLE Prototyping can currently generate
      Visual Basic .NET, C#, ASP.NET, J#, Java desktop and
      Java Server Page code. "

      Producing working UI source code may be an interesting
      ask ;-) a bit like GUI builders .... BUT aren't the
      magnetic UI widgets cool!
      http://www.sdmagazine.com/documents/s=9512/sdm0502h/02amblerfig.jpg

      Cheers
      Shane

      http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 17, 2005
        On Monday, January 17, 2005, at 2:33:08 PM, Shane Mingins wrote:

        > He mentions a UI prototyping tool
        > http://www.6pmodel.com/6PMSite/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=24

        Now that's neat!

        You are to act in the light of experience as guided by intelligence.
        -- Nero Wolfe
      • Jeff Grigg
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 17, 2005

          --- Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries@X...> wrote:
          > Now that's neat!

          No character recognition? I feel cheated. ;->
        • Brandon Campbell
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 18, 2005
            On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 14:43:14 -0500, Ron Jeffries
            <ronjeffries@...> wrote:

            > Now that's neat!

            It was a cool and exciting project to work on.

            And is a great tool for non-programmer/manager types to show
            programmers their intent for the GUI of an application, as well build
            a quick working prototype which accesses an xml database to give the
            dba's and programmers an initial look at the database schema.

            --
            Brandon Campbell