Re: To automate or not to automate

  • Dale Emery
    Message 1 of 52 , Jan 15, 2005
      Hi J.B.,

      Responding to an old message:

      > It's not my responsibility to measure ROI on the projects I
      > deliver. I certainly try to help in those situations where (1)
      > I think I can help and (2) my client wants my help; however,
      > it is ultimately my client's responsibility to decide whether
      > to undertake a project. All I can do is provide input and make
      > suggestions. Sometimes they really just want software.

      Depending on your goals for yourself in the project, you may have
      a certain amount of responsibility to yourself to gauge ROI.
      I've turned down work that seemed to me to be of low value, even
      if the customer wanted to go ahead with the project. I've spent
      enough of my life giving people what they asked for, and yet
      creating little value.

      Dale

      --
      Dale Emery, Consultant
      Web: http://www.dhemery.com

      Nothing so soothes our vanity as a display of greater vanity in
      others; it makes us vain, in fact, of our modesty. --Louis
      Kronenberger
    • Dale Emery
      Message 52 of 52 , Jan 15, 2005