RE: [XP] Stupid problems from rookie(C language)

  • Kent Beck
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 12, 2005
      C.S.

      I really enjoyed your characterization of the XP story as "charming". I
      never thought of it that way before, but it seems quite a compliment to me.

      Your request triggered quite a range of responses on this group. I would
      like to know what you got out the responses, what it is that you will try to
      do to apply XP in your situation. As you try various practice I would also
      like to hear how they go.

      As a child I watched my father apply XP-style development to his assembly
      language projects so I have confidence that the style will work. I wish you
      success.

      Kent Beck
      Three Rivers Institute

      P.S. The simplest testing framework in the world is main(). Don't wait until
      you have a better framework before you write your first test. You may want a
      better framework in place before you write your second test, though :-)