RE: [XP] Re: Asynchronous versus synchronous continuous integrati on

  • Appleton Brad-BRADAPP1
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 12, 2005
      > On Tuesday, January 11, 2005, at 10:57:46 PM, Brad Appleton wrote:
      >
      > > The tool is called "Evolution" from ionforge.com (see
      > > http://www.ionforge.com/products/evolution/)
      >
      > > It says it has "Real Time Updating":
      >
      > It couldn't really work, though. It would be too confusing to
      > the programmers, seeing things change before their eyes like that. :)

      It aint whether or not there would be resulting confusion, it's whether or not they will be happy about it and be willing to continue trying it. Please keep in mind I havent been saying what I personally think the "right answer" is, Ive been saying what I have typically observed to be the reactions/decisions of teams and developers when this happens. I think that when it is something you are not accustomed too, then that combined with the "control" issue ("the tool decided when to do it, not me!"), I think more often than not you will see developers on such teams saying they don't want it.