Monthly performance reports – key for building your next resume

  • mywirelesskit_developer
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 11, 2005
      Are you an IT consultant who after working for 10 years is still
      finding it tough to draft a decent two page resume….Well you are
      not
      alone. There are thousands like us who work on several challenging
      assignments , but when it comes to writing resume we just come up
      with those same old terms like. "Coded 8 new JAVA programs for
      XYZ
      company…"

      So how to come out of this…..It is simple start producing
      your own Monthly performance reports.

      Most of us feel that performance reports are some year end
      activities which all of us just do for self appraisal. If analyzed
      deeply, performance reports can mean a lot to us. First of all we
      should start looking it with a different perspective. Let us treat
      it as a fun thing. Or a game may be.

      Following are some simple rules that one can follow to make
      performance reporting as a game activity.

      1. Mark your calendar for 30 minutes every Friday afternoon
      after lunch. Call it as "Corporate review"
      2. Imagine yourself as the CEO of your company and start asking
      questions to yourself…like….What is the target for me this
      quarter??....How am I going to achieve my targets???...What are the
      major issues I am facing to fulfill my target???...Am I meeting my
      customer's expectations???...
      3. Once you have a list of about 10 questions then start
      looking for answers to all of them , by analyzing present tasks in
      your assignment.
      4. For first week just jot down the questions and answers.
      5. For next five weeks start elaborating on each point.
      6. After six weeks you wont believe the amount of work you are
      doing.

      Dan
      visit me at http://www.mywirelesskit.com