RE: [XP] XP Survival in the age of Model Driven Architecture

  • Israel Antezana
    Message 1 of 80 , Dec 1, 2004
      Steven,

      The ONME software is not a demo tool its a commercial tool ready to be used. But there is a demo about how to use this tool on its website (www.care-t.com)

      It was the first time i worked with this tool, and when worked with it I noticed it really boosted my productivity, actually this company has passed a Gartner group evaluation in which Gartner declares a 12 to 47 times improvement when using this MDA tool.

      I could use the tool in an iterative way, working in an increment on the model and generating the code in each increment with good results. Although I did not work in a test driven way, I am interested in exploring alternatives, if necessary, about using a TDD aproach in this context.

      Best regards,

      Israel Antezana

      Steven Gordon <sagordon@...> wrote:

      Isreal,

      Since you have actually been using this demo tool, please tell us
      about your actuall experiences using this tool.

      Did this tool affect how you went about doing your project? Did
      the tool make it difficult for you to implement your research
      project one requirement at a time (or are you implementing your
      research project in a waterfall fashion)? Did this tool help,
      hinder, or have no effect on how you defined tests for your
      software?

      Steven A. Gordon, Ph.D.
      Manager, Software Factory
      Arizona State University
      PO Box 875506
      Tempe, AZ 85287-9509
      http://sf.asu.edu
      (480)-727-6271

      Message 80 of 80 , Dec 5, 2004
        "Gartner Group evaluates our Model Execution System and declares a 12 to
        47 times improvement over other development approaches." So do they
        recommend I cut my development budget by 92% or 98%?