96753Re: [OT] "Don't tell my boss"

  • jrb32002
    Sep 23, 2004
      --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, "J. B. Rainsberger"
      <jbrains@r...> wrote:
      > > Don't tell my boss this, but I'm not as good at it as I'd like
      > > either. ;-)
      >
      > This just struck me as odd.

      It'd crowd out other improvements I want him and me to focus on,
      particularly in my own ability to generate and support the "selling"
      and installation of Agile locally. I prefer to work on skills which
      are (a) more important to the organization's future and (b) more in
      line with the roles I want to take on.

      If it were a more usual "I'm just-a-developer and I intend to stay
      here", then yes, I agree, it'd be much better to have my boss know I
      want to improve at estimating.

      Joseph Beckenbach
      agilist
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic