96488[OT] Clio? [was Re: [XP] I'm just _so_ Bad. Estimating.]

  • Julian Boot
    Sep 14, 2004
      On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 22:57:55 -0400, Ron Jeffries
      <ronjeffries@...> wrote:

      > Cards. No, really. I have every pen computer ever made. (Anyone want to buy
      > a Cleo?) I have every time-management tool.

      Do you mean a Vadem Clio ? I have one of those - the hardware is so
      very very cool. I had very high hopes. I used it as a wireless
      web-pad for a couple of years but the OS sucked. I spent about 18
      months helping port Linux to it - we had X running on it in the end in
      an attempt to get a decent OS - but the power management we never got
      right - needed a new set of ROMs.

      I *really* want a tablet computer to replace pens and paper - my
      Newton MP2001 comes closest, but its connectivity is too limiting.
      Still waiting ...

      julian boot
      jules8007 at pobox.com
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic