92182Re: [XP] Re: DSDM /agile Principle #6: "All changes during development are reversible."

  • J. B. Rainsberger
    May 12, 2004
      Ron Jeffries wrote:

      > On Tuesday, May 11, 2004, at 10:15:43 AM, yahoogroups@... wrote:
      >
      >>Martin Fowler has just added a section on "reversibility" to his
      >>"Is Design Dead" paper.
      >
      >>http://martinfowler.com/articles/designDead.html
      >
      >>This makes me wonder whether we may be looking at
      >>reversibility on too small a scale. For example, a
      >>large scale decision that one might want to reverse
      >>is the decision to commit to a specific data base
      >>vendor.
      >
      > This is an interesting angle -- better than the thoughts Martin's
      > paragraphs gave me. Maybe this could be an amusing thread ...

      This is exactly what I have /always/ thought of for "reversibility."
      It's about reversing architecture decisions, and not making every little
      feature easy to rip out at a given moment.
      --
      J. B. Rainsberger,
      Diaspar Software Services