91863Re: [XP] Re: DSDM is Agile

    May 1, 2004
      On Saturday, May 1, 2004, at 5:43:26 AM, rachelclairedavies wrote:

      > I would like to fill in some more background info because I feel
      > that, as I provided advice on XP to the DSDM consortium for DSDM
      > v4.2 in 2002/2003, I am implicated in the choice of Enterprise XP
      > name. During this time I was bound by a non-disclosure agreement so
      > I could not discuss freely on this list. At this time another XP
      > advisor on DSDM v4.2, Sean Hanly, expressed within the review
      > group "I personally am uncomfortable with EnterpriseXP tag and would
      > prefer that we disassociate the 4.2 work and EnterpriseXP." I think
      > this was the general view taken by all XP practitioners who worked
      > on v4.2 but DSDM consortium went ahead with the name anyhow.
      > To reiterate previous mails, I have used some DSDM techniques in
      > conjuntion with XP and believe that we have things to learn from
      > each other but do not like "EnterpriseXP" branding.

      Have any of the people who are actually behind "EnterpriseXP" ever done
      "pure" XP? I am wondering at least two things: how do they know it needs
      something, and how are they qualified to advise on when and how to add
      things?

      When all ideas of [XP] is and [XP] is not have been extinguished,
      then [XP] reality will manifest itself. -- Thich Nhat Hanh [Ron Jeffries]
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic