      From: Tony Nassar [mailto:tnassar@...]
      Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2004 10:50 PM
      To: extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [XP] cmm and agile?

      > An important Jack Welch quote that hangs in our common area is...
      > "Bureaucracy protects the organization from the incompetent."

      Is Welch for or against? How could an employee take this other than as,
      "We are justified in imposing layers of bureaucracy on you because we
      have to protect the company against your incompetence." Maybe I'm
      accentuating the negative, but if this is supposed to be a motivational
      slogan, why is it set against a presumption of incompetence?
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic