      That may be true. Would you expect to find executable requirements
      documents in a CMMI project? It seems to me that both are formal, just
      about different things.

      > An important Jack Welch quote that hangs in our common area is...
      >
      > "Bureaucracy protects the organization from the incompetent."

      There is a corollary to this quote:

      "Incompetence subjects the organization to bureaucracy."

      -----
      Robert C. Martin (Uncle Bob)
      Object Mentor Inc.
      unclebob@...