89759Re: Offshoring XP

  • John Favaro
    Mar 1, 2004
      Message: 16
      Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 02:14:33 -0000
      From: "kentlbeck" <kentbeck@...>
      Subject: Re: Offshoring XP

      --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Quinn"
      <rquinn@w...> wrote:
      > Should the XP community work to mitigate the challenge?
      > I think not, I believe that there are huge gains to be realised in
      > innovating to stay ahead.
      >
      > Should the XP community encompass off shoring as a
      beneficial/recommended XP
      > practice?
      > I think so. Since its going to happen anyway, being the advocates
      of the
      > strategy will seriously help get XP more of that all-important
      mind share
      > many people here are advocating.

      > Business Week devotes a large part of its current issue to
      > offshoring, including a nice mention of NextJet and their use of XP
      > to "reduce project time by half".

      Make sure you read the series going on right now by Thomas Friedman of the
      New York Times. He's in Bangalore now, and the last three columns have been
      on the offshoring phenomenon. Yesterday (Sunday)'s column was really
      interesting.

      John
    • Show all 112 messages in this topic