87221re: XP, unit testing and accepted failures

  • smogallstar
    Dec 31, 2003
      Hello all,

      I'm just getting into XP and unit testing, and I like what I see
      (particularly the book "Agile Software Development"), however I have a
      question: How does unit testing view acceptable failures, such as a
      class being unable to connect to a remote host? I can tell that some
      things are assumed to work (i.e., not running out of memory), but how
      far does this extend? Should I make judgement calls? I have some
      reservations about assuming disk writes will go as planned, and I'm
      hesitant to the point of immobility to accept that network connections
      will be peachy.

      Thanks for any comments,
      Sean
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic