62656RE: [XP] Final Wizard Article

  • Charlie Poole
    Sep 30, 2002

      > Hmmm. I don't know what the php script looks like, but I'd bet it's
      > possible to pass the title to it somehow. OTOH, I'm not the Customer
      > here :-)

      In my first iteration at this site, each page was a php script. In
      that design, I could have done what you suggest.

      Now the page is just html - with a little embedded php - and is
      included by a driver for the particular type of page. By the time
      I include the page, the head section has been output.

      Centralizing the php was my first step in migrating the articles
      toward xml. That will solve the title issue and a few harder ones
      like generating indices. I'll think about a "quick fix" for this
      issue though, I might be able to process the page into a buffer
      before I actually start the generation of html. That would allow
      the embedded php to have side effects like setting the title.
      It depends on how quick a fix it is though.

      Charlie Poole
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic