52178Re: [XP] Re: Source Code Control

  • Peter Hansen
    Jun 3, 2002
      Edmund Schweppe wrote:

      > I've never tried using WinCVS, so I can't speak to that part of the
      > issue, but I'd guess that many of those problems revolve around
      > end-of-line issues (especially if the CVS repository lives on a Unix
      > box).

      I'm pretty sure that CVS repositories are identical regardless
      of which machine they're on. We successfully moved the raw
      repository (,v) files directly from a Windows machine where
      we started to a Linux machine and there have been no related
      issues.

      (In fact, our only issue with CVS has been checking out shell
      scripts on Windows and copying directly to Linux machines. The
      CRLF at the end of the hash-bang line causes a little trouble...)

      -Peter
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic