      From: Ron Jeffries [mailto:ronjeffries@...]
      Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2002 10:03 PM
      To: extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [XP] iteration tasking = bduf?

      A day is way too long IMO, unless most of your team are quite new to
      software development.

      Some teams don't do task breakdown at all, and report that they're
      doing fine. I think task breakdown helps people know what to do: it's
      a design step in my opinion.

      That said, all that needs to be figured out if the team members are
      fairly competent is the /approach/. For a story of a week's duration,
      I'd expect half a dozen to ten tasks at most.

      Just my experience, of course ... it'll be interesting to see what
      folks report.

      Ron Jeffries
      No one expects the Spanish Inquisition ...

      ad-free courtesy of objectmentor.com