51980Re: [XP] iteration tasking = bduf?

    May 31, 2002
      Around Friday, May 31, 2002, 12:39:40 AM, Rob Myers wrote:

      > I don't think tasking is design. Tasking is writing down reminders, so you
      > can estimate better, and so you remember what needs to be done.

      Good report, Rob. In what's above, however, you disprove the first
      sentence with the second. Design = what needs to be done.

      Tasking isn't all the design we do, but I do think it is a design
      /step/.

      When pairs flounder on stories, I respond by suggesting that they beef
      up "up front" design, with a little group tasking or a Quick Design
      Session before they start. If they start spending hours tasking, or if
      task lists are repeatedly questioned, I suggest they vague up their
      tasks lists.

      Sounds like your experience and advice is quite similar.

      > In Ann Arbor,

      Good grief, what would I have to do to get a gig in my own home
      town!?!?!? I guess my reputation precedes me ...

      You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure,
      what you do not understand. --Leonardo da Vinci
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic