51970iteration tasking = bduf?

  • Joseph P. Graves
    May 29, 2002
      I have noticed something in an "XP" project I am on. At the iteration
      planning meeting
      we end up spending a fairly long time for stories (roughly = 1 day to 1
      week) breaking
      out tasks. Moreover the tasks tend to be of the variety: change class X,
      write class Y
      extending class Z with this method, etc. It seems like we are practically
      designing the
      whole iteration in the meeting. For some of the developers also there is a
      tendency
      to say "well the task cards said to do it this way so we did it this way."

      My hunch would be that tasks should be expressed in a way that gives
      latitude in
      how to do it, but it seems hard to express that.

      I am curious to see how other groups end up doing tasking and to see to
      what level
      the tasks are broken down. What are some of the kinds of tasks that come up?

      -Joseph
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic