46682RE: language question (human language)

  • Jim.Hyslop
    Apr 1 10:26 AM
      Mike Clark <mike@...> wrote:
      > I realize you're playing devil's advocate here, and that's cool. But
      seriously, has
      > anyone experienced this much resistance to unit testing?
      Well, I once had a manager who probably would have given me that kind of
      resistance. It was early in my career, and I didn't yet know just how
      valuable unit tests are.

      I was chasing down a bug in a legacy system, and the manager asked how long
      it would take me to fix the bug. I told her I'd need a few days to
      understand what that part of the software was doing. Her response was "Don't
      try to understand it, just fix it." She was not joking.

      --
      Jim
    • Show all 135 messages in this topic