35235Re: [XP] Place for rarified skills?

    Oct 2, 2001
      Around Tuesday, October 02, 2001, 2:09:00 PM, David Abrahams wrote:

      > I'm not sure there is a problem at all. If there is one, I'd be willing to
      > accept that it's me; I certainly never imagined that "these other guys" had
      > a problem. What problem do you perceive?

      > I'm just interested in finding a place in an XP environment where I can
      > contribute, and feel like I'm fully used. Since it might be up to me to
      > create that environment, I'm asking about the experiences of others.

      Good approach. I think my answer is something like this:

      You're smart. You know a lot. Therefore you're called on to solve
      hard problems. Solve them in such a way that you never need to
      work on that code again. That is, leave behind you not just
      working code, but working, clear code, and at least one other
      team member who can do any necessary maintenance.

      Details, of course, are left to you. I'm sure you're up to it.

      Is that helpful? Or harmful? ;->

      Ronald E Jeffries
      www.XProgramming.com
      Discontinue reading if rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops.
      Especially irritation.
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic