20650RE: [XP] Pilot Project in XP

    Feb 1, 2001
      At 11:18 AM 2/1/2001 -0800, it seemed like Larmore, Edward wrote:
      >I've heard of acceptance tests, but I'm not sure how those differ from the
      >tests we (the programmers) are writing. What are they? Can you point me to a
      >reference that has examples?

      XPI Chapters 5 and 6.

      In general acceptance tests would test the whole game in some way, unit
      tests tend to test single classes or small clusters of classes. Acceptance
      tests would look like a game-playing script, and from the unit tests you
      might not even be able to tell it was a game.

      Regards,

      Ronald E Jeffries
      http://www.XProgramming.com
      http://www.objectmentor.com