18525Re: [XP] Re: Architecture for XP and scalable web sites

  • Laurent Bossavit
    Jan 2, 2001
      > The worst that can happen if the most scalable technology is
      > selected is the project takes longer to implement and the
      > deployment costs are slightly higher. The worst that can happen if
      > we go for lightweight solutions is that we find the system is
      > unusable when it eventually gets deployed. That would be bad!

      Wouldn't it be worse if you selected the most scalable technology,
      took longer to implement the project, *and* found the system didn't
      respond well to high loads when deployed ?

      Do you have any guarantee that won't happen ? What steps can be
      taken to prevent this happening ?

      We aim to make simple things simple and
      complex things possible.
      Laurent Bossavit - Software Architect