16860Re: [XP] who do your pair with?

  • kjray
    Dec 2, 2000
      David Corbin <dcorbin@...> on 12/2/00 10:59 AM wrote:

      [...]
      >You raise valid point about people that can't read (English) very fast.
      >But I don't know how any career programmer can ignore the vast sources
      >of knowledge such as this list provide. OTOH, Junit has had about 70
      >messages in 3 weeks. If you can't keep up with that, I think you're in
      >the wrong business. And I too have a life/hobbies/wife/etc. Sorry for
      >the rant. This is a pet-peeve of mine.

      The one who complained about the JUnit mailing list is one of the best
      programmers I've worked with. However, when he read the book "Extreme
      Programming Explained", he used a English-Korean dictionary to help him,
      and sometimes asked me to explain idioms.

      Unlike almost all of the not-very-good programmers I've worked with, he
      _will_ read books to expand his education.

      And he reads the bits I select from the XP mailing list. I try to pick
      the best and most-relevant messages from the XP mailing list, which
      average about 2 or 3 messages a week, and forward those to my co-workers.
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic