16830Re: who do your pair with?

  • John Brewer
    Dec 1, 2000
      --- In extremeprogramming@egroups.com, "C. J. M. Booth" <cjmb@a...>
      wrote:
      > As far as I can tell, all these people give sound advice, and make
      > thoughtful comments based on their experience. Yet we never seem
      > to hear from those that they pair with. I wonder why that is.
      > Would any of you care to explain, please. (I suspect that the
      > explanation might make some reference to the difference between
      > introverts and extroverts.)

      Jera Design is currently a 1-person shop, so you won't see my
      pair partners posting from the same domain. Right now I'm working
      with another 1-person shop, pairing on some work, and doing some work
      alone. We've been doing both physical pairing (which involves a 90
      minute commute for one of us) and remote pairing via NetMeeting.

      I've also paired with a couple of people at one of my previous
      clients, although that sort of petered out after a while. My first
      first-hand experience with pairing by that name was at XP Immersion 2
      last Feb/March. Before that, I had occasionally paired, but
      always under the guise of "fixing a really hard bug".

      John Brewer
      Jera Design
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic