159154Re: [XP] Interfacing with Legacy or non-agile teams

  • Adam Sroka
    Jun 27, 2014
      I notice that you say interfacing with other teams, but then you describe systems. That, right there, is likely the crux of the problem. You have your teams organized around systems, not products, and doing something that has value for the customer touches more than one system. You would probably be better off if you sat together a group of people who had all the necessary systems knowledge to finish a job end-to-end.

      A lot of companies choose not to do that for organizational/political reasons. If you can't get the legacy systems guys to sit with your Agile team at least enough to do some cross training and start to speak the same language there is a remedial option: measure how long it takes to get stuff from them, make it an explicit policy by creating a sort of service level agreement between the teams, and adjust priority/scheduling based on these expected delays.

      On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 8:54 AM, rajeevjain1@... [extremeprogramming] <extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Hi folks.

      One question that you must have encounter and would love to pick your brain on: how are you or your teams interfacing with Legacy or non-agile teams?

      For example: our core business engine is on mainframe and making any change to that system to test the interfaces takes months. My agile front end teams are impacted due to this bottleneck.

      Any best practices that you may have seen?

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic