      From: Chet Hendrickson <chet@...>
      Subject: Re: Go-to stats on CI/CD
      Date: April 4, 2014 at 10:37:54 AM EDT

      Hi,

      The XP group may be a better source for this sort of data.  extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com

      Chet
      Chet Hendrickson

      On Apr 3, 2014, at 2:04 PM, Peter Green <tptmanpeter@...> wrote:

      Hi all,

      I'm putting together a pitch to some execs at Adobe on upping our use of CI across some big products. I was thinking a few industry benchmark stats might be useful (e.g. Facebook runs xxx tests on their continuous deployment system, etc., ).

      Does anyone have some stats that they use in such a situation that they'd be willing to share?

      For example, I found this on Google's CI system:
      ● 15000+ developers in 40+ offices
      ● 4000+ projects under active development
      ● 5500+ submissions per day on average
      ● Single monolithic code tree with mixed language code
      ● Development on one branch - submissions at head
      ● All builds from source
      ● 20+ sustained code changes per minute with 60+ peaks
      ● 50% of code changes monthly
      ● 75+ million test cases run per day

      ---Peter