158975Re: [XP] Taking it back

  • George Dinwiddie
    Feb 28, 2014
      Hi, Leonardo,

      It sounds like you work in a pretty grim environment, where everyone is
      micromanaged and no one wants to learn anything new. I weep for you.

      It's hard to lead change from within, especially from a position of
      little power. The root situation is that you can't push people anywhere;
      they have to want to go there. (See the "buffalo bridel" in Jerry
      Weinberg's book, Secrets of Consulting.) There's a lot to learn about
      enticing people to want to go where you want them to go--an infinite
      amount, perhaps.

      - George