Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

158973Re: [XP] Taking it back

Expand Messages
  • Charlie Poole
    Feb 28, 2014
    • 0 Attachment
      Hi Kannan,

      If that's your situation, then that's your situation. Realize, however, that it's not the ideal situation.


      On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 12:58 AM, Rajaraman Kannan <leokannan@...> wrote:

      Hi Charlie 
      Thanks for replying back. I need to get the organization buy in on this. The team members are happy to try that out. But , I am in a position to justify this to the management.


      On 28 February 2014 16:40, Charlie Poole <charliepoole@...> wrote:

      Hi Kannan,

      I worry when you say you need to make the organization believe in Pair Programming. What do your team members think? If you convinced them to try it, would that be sufficient, or would you need to get some blessing from above? Is it possible that the need for such a blessing is the real problem?


      On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 8:20 PM, Rajaraman Kannan <leokannan@...> wrote:

      Hi Leonardo 
      I still struggle make organisation believe Pair Programming improves productivity . 

       @Ron, any tips or advice from you ?


      On 28 Feb 2014, at 12:11 pm, Leonardo Postacchini <notivago@...> wrote:


      I will have to pair with John on this one. Reading programmers infected by tests and then  XP explained for me was a life changing experience. Suddenly  everything clicked, it was like a thousand suns lighting up, everything changed.

      Both for the better and for the worse, for the better because I now knew exactly how software should be written and I started to change how I coded and how I related to others, for the worse because it became a frustrating, never-ending struggle to convince people to adopt it.

      At some point it became very frustrating to hear that XP was too radical from people that knew nothing about it except the name from which they thought they had extracted all that was to know.

      And there is pair programming, contrary to all evidences, people simple refuse to believe it works. Talk about values, but this is "just philosophy"...

      And sorry guys, but all the others methodologies felt to me half-hearted, lacking, incomplete. There is way too much room for abuse accommodations and tailoring, too many optionals.

      XP clearly states what believe, and how to get there. And it makes perfect sense.

      On 28 February 2014 00:52, John Maxwell <jmax@...> wrote:

      On 02/27/2014 10:41:03 PM, Ron Jeffries wrote:
      > John,
      > On Feb 27, 2014, at 10:39 PM, John Maxwell <jmax@...> wrote:
      > > (If you're simply pointing out that "essentially all" isn't the
      > same
      > as
      > > "all", fine, point granted, but I think that's a little sophomoric
      > and
      > > pedantic, which is why my best guess is that that's not what you're
      > > saying.)
      > Rudeness objection.

      Fair. I apologize.

      John Maxwell KB3VLL jmax@...

      Politics is like driving. It's D to go forward, and R to go backward.


    • Show all 197 messages in this topic