158971Re: [XP] Taking it back

  • Leonardo Postacchini
    Feb 28, 2014
      I have done that, time and again,

      - Rebelious pair programming, check;
      - Stealthy refactoring, check;
      - Lone TDD, check;
      - Not doing extra time while everyone was in panic doing extra, check.

      But this does not change culture. It gives only reduced frustration, but mostly you are seeing as radical or disengaged or academic(the irony is that I am a college drop out).

      And the benefits are too long term and get diluted over time or people simply choose straight not believing, like the story I already told about the rebelious pairing.

      On 28 February 2014 10:49, Steve <solomon.steven.m@...> wrote:

      In cases like this I usually do the right thing and just defend it later after we have executed on what business wanted us to deliver, at that point it's usually and easy battle to win.

      Thanks
      Steven Solomon

      Sent from my Apple Lisa.

      On Feb 28, 2014, at 8:39 AM, Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries@...> wrote:

      Leonardo,

      On Feb 28, 2014, at 8:03 AM, Leonardo Postacchini <notivago@...> wrote:

      That has being my reality, yes, in some places I had it a lot easier, but being allowed to pair?! Never mind. Sweet dreams. Having the customer with us? I was actually laughed at for that one.

      I think perhaps you need to change your organization.

      Everything that needs to be said has already been said.
      But since no one was listening, everything must be said again. -- Andre Gide

    • Show all 197 messages in this topic