158955Re: [XP] Taking it back

  • John Maxwell
    Feb 27 9:32 PM
      On 02/28/2014 12:22:34 AM, Charlie Poole wrote:

      > Nevertheless, I don't think "pushing" an implementation on a team is
      > ever the right thing to do. It's certainly not XP.

      And see, this is what I completely fail to understand. If nobody's
      advocating for XP, how does the team ever adopt it. Heck, how do they
      even know about it?

      XP is not obvious; the current Agile position that somehow a team will
      just magically drift into doing XP, or discover something just as good,
      with no one ever saying "This is what we should be doing." is just
      baffling to me.

      And if that's not the position, if it's OK to actively attempt to get a
      team to adopt XP, than why the heck do all of the guiding lights of
      Agile bend over backwards to avoid ever saying so?

      -John

      --
      John Maxwell KB3VLL jmax@...

      "I prefer Hostess fruit pies to pop-up toaster tarts because they don't
      require so much cooking."
      - Miss Piggy
    • Show all 197 messages in this topic