158861Re: [XP] ROI of "Engineering Practices"

  • Nayan Hajratwala
    Dec 5, 2013
      On Dec 5, 2013, at 12:29 PM, Adam Sroka <adam.sroka@...> wrote:

      > However, I've encountered resistance talking about how we actually do that. Simple design, for example, might mean letting go of published standards and letting teams actually innovate. Decision makers seem to like the word "innovation" but hate the idea that someone in their organization would do things differently than someone else.

      Indeed. This is a snippet from a talk given by a high level IT manager at a major European company about their focus for 2014:

      "The basis for a modern production-line capability is standards and that must be a major driver in 2014”

      At least they’re finally moving into the 20th century.

      ---
      Nayan Hajratwala - 734.658.6032 - http://agileshrugged.com - @nhajratw
    • Show all 34 messages in this topic