158855Re: [XP] ROI of "Engineering Practices"

  • Adam Sroka
    Dec 5, 2013
      P.S. I an thankful for the advice that I have received in this thread. I think it will be quite useful. However, I am still curious whether there is an answer to my original question: what are the economics of using automation and teamwork to mitigate the risk of losses due to defects in production and other wastes?

      It seems to me that those of us who have been involved with XP/Agile for a while have an intuitive sense of how valuable this is, but why can't we put numbers to it in the same way that the safety engineering or insurance industries do?

      Is it the young age of software engineering relative to those other disciplines? Is it that those skills are missing or underrepresented? ???
    • Show all 34 messages in this topic