158854Re: [XP] ROI of "Engineering Practices"

  • Adam Sroka
    Dec 5, 2013
      I've worked with a lot of finance people in the past, and for the most part they are intelligent, driven people. They don't tend to believe they know everything and don't expect to have expert knowledge in the subjects presented to them. They do tend to think that they have the instincts and experience to tell a good investment from a bad one and that their giant paychecks prove that.

      The challenge here is trying to prove that transforming the teams in order to be able to adopt XP practices effectively is an investment worth more than what it will cost them over the next year to start doing it.

      On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 2:05 AM, Charlie Poole <charliepoole@...> wrote:

      What would they want if they were smart?

      What might happen if we assume they are?

      Charlie

      On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 9:24 PM, Phlip <phlip2005@...> wrote:

      I suspect these bosses are resigned to Big Expense Up Front.

    • Show all 34 messages in this topic