158764Re: [XP] Spike stories - estimation and acceptance criteria ?

  • George Dinwiddie
    Aug 23, 2013
      Ram,

      The purpose of a spike is to answer a question. Perhaps you're not sure
      if a 3rd-party library will support the functionality you need. You
      allocate how much time you're willing to spend and do just enough work
      to answer the question. The spike is over when you run out of allocated
      time, or you answer the question.

      If you run out of time, you want to make an explicit decision to budget
      more time or to take a different approach.

      - George