158705Re: [XP] Rise & Fall of Design Patterns:Lessons to learn?

  • Filipe Correia
    Jul 23, 2013
      I would consider it indicative that the patterns community is still
      very active in documenting agile practices! :-)

      The "design patterns" buzzword might not be as hyped as it once was,
      but more patterns are being documented every year. Some explicitly as
      such (see the xPLoP conferences --- PLoP, EuroPLoP, AsianPLoP,
      VikingPLoP, SugarLoafPLoP, etc), others not as explicitly but still
      very successfully (books like "Domain-Driven Design" make extensive
      use of patterns).

      So, coming back to your question, I wouldn't say design patterns have
      "fallen". They just entered the mainstream.

      Filipe