158696Re: [XP] Examples of good acceptance test criteria

  • George Dinwiddie
    Jul 23, 2013
      Adam,

      On 7/22/13 9:21 PM, Adam Sroka wrote:
      > I'm not sure how this is a response to what I wrote. If your point is that
      > the customer needs to be the one driving the scenarios then you are
      > preaching to the choir. Although, I would never email them the scenarios. I
      > would insist on a face-to-face conversation.
      >
      > I would never use Cucumber to write tests for myself or my fellow
      > programmers. I would use something like RSpec or xUnit for that. Cucumber
      > is for facilitating conversations with customers. If the customer is not
      > involved then it is the wrong tool (And quite likely the wrong project.)

      I would. Sometimes I need to facilitate the conversation with myself. I
      find that expressing the business problem in "english" is often better
      for that than expressing it in code.

      If the Customer is not involved, that's a different problem. Getting the
      Customer involved may take more than just a BDD/ATDD tool. ;-)

      - George

      P.S. Nice examples, Phlip.

      --
      Want to speak at AgileDC October 8, 2013? http://agiledc.org/speak/