158655Re: [XP] Code review practices

  • Ian Mitchell
    Apr 26, 2013
      I think there are 2 extreme cases and many in between.
      Checking an input form: There are many small edits such as the range of a
      date plus checking that the mouse-over help does say the corresponding
      thing, Code inspection works here. Time-consuming to test by repeated data
      entry.
      Indepth SQL interfaced code - test-driven design. Best to set up test case
      data which can be repeatedly used..

      On 26 April 2013 23:33, Charles Bradley - Professional Scrum Trainer and
      Coach <charles@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Hi,
      >
      > I'm trying to come up with a list of different ways of doing code reviews
      > as they relate to a Scrum definition of done.
      >
      > In practice, I've seen:
      >
      > * A scheduled meeting for a code review, several show up and review code
      >
      > * Paired Programming (I realize XP'ers are biased to PP, and nothing
      > wrong with that)
      >
      > * Live review by one other programmer just before code commit.
      > * Code review published to code review system (like Atlassian Crucible,
      > etc) with deadline by which reviewers can submit feedback.
      > * Code review published to code review system (like Atlassian Crucible,
      > etc)
      > where code cannot integrate until one person says "ship it"
      > * No code reviews
      > * Code reviews only on special occasions or in certain parts of the code
      > What other code review type practices have you seen?
      >
      > -------
      > Charles Bradley
      > Professional Scrum Trainer
      > Scrum Coach-in-Chief