158654Code review practices

    Apr 26, 2013
      Hi,

      I'm trying to come up with a list of different ways of doing code reviews as they relate to a Scrum definition of done.

      In practice, I've seen:

      * A scheduled meeting for a code review, several show up and review code

      * Paired Programming  (I realize XP'ers are biased to PP, and nothing wrong with that)

      * Live review by one other programmer just before code commit.
      * Code review published to code review system (like Atlassian Crucible, etc) with deadline by which reviewers can submit feedback.
      * Code review published to code review system (like Atlassian Crucible, etc)
      where code cannot integrate until one person says "ship it"
      * No code reviews
      * Code reviews only on special occasions or in certain parts of the code
      What other code review type practices have you seen?

      -------
      Charles Bradley
      Professional Scrum Trainer
      Scrum Coach-in-Chief