158639Re: [XP] Architecture backlog

  • JackM
    Apr 15, 2013
      Perhaps, I am misunderstanding you but i am having difficulty understanding why identifying high level what you are trying to accomplish in a release is BDUF.

      We have extremely large customers with long sales cycles and our pipeline is generally aligned with what our customers long term needs are.

      It's important for us to understand what's coming so that we are prepared. Identifying risks upfront has been extremely helpful. We're talking one to two quarters out at the epic level.

      My understanding is that planning to the horizons is common practice ... i.e. sprint horizon, requires 2 sprints worth of well understood well ranked stories. At the quarterly horizon prob a good idea that the teams have a good handle on what epics are on the horizon etc.

      Thanks
      jack
      agilebuddy.com