158617Re: [XP] Re: Origins of user stories

  • Theresa Forster (home)
    Apr 1, 2013
      Your ATM story is interesting but wouldn't that be in odds with the epic, of
      A machine to dispense cash from the users account if they have the funds.

      Stories are good for exploring the functionality of a system and showing up edge cases. I remember reading somewhere that user stories are a reminder for the developer to have the conversation. And that is usually with the stakeholder who is part of your team and not all users of the system. For instance an accountant who works for sage when you are working on the next version of sage, any company who purchases the product is potentially the stakeholder but there is a designated person who speaks for the stakeholder.

      Theresa

      Sent from my iPad