158580Re: [XP] Re: Origins of user stories

  • Adrian Howard
    Mar 24, 2013
      On 24 March 2013 17:56, Steven Gordon <sgordonphd@...> wrote:
      > Scrums says:
      > [ development team ]
      > |
      > [ product owner ] --- [ users ]
      > |
      > [ stakeholders (marketing, management, ...) ]
      > I believe this is also compatible with XP.

      That's not what Scrum says - although it is what a fair number of
      Scrum teams do.

      All Scrum says is that the PO owns the product decisions, and that the
      Team own the development decisions.

      There is nothing - in the Scrum definition - that prevents PO, dev
      team & users and stakeholders all getting in a room and working
      together to decide the product and sprint backlogs.

      I've worked with Scrum teams where users and the dev team interact all
      of the time. The dev team own their process - if they decide they need
      to talk to users to get their work done (by - for example - doing
      in-sprint usability testing) then there is nothing in Scrum that
      prevents it.

      People - on the other hand...

      t. +44 (0)7752 419080 skype adrianjohnhoward pinboard.in/u:adrianh
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic