158542Re: [XP] Hubflow? More like Hubflown't

  • thierry henrio
    Feb 28, 2013
      Hello George

      On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 10:00 PM, George Dinwiddie
      <lists@...>wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Ryan,
      >
      > I don't have much to add to your excellent list, below. I did happen
      > across "Feature Branches vs Feature Toggles"
      > (http://geekswithblogs.net/Optikal/archive/2013/02/10/152069.aspx)
      > recently and you might find some more tidbits in it.

      Good pointer indeed, and a question

      Why is there a "candidate branch" ?

      Why not master ?
      Because it's easier to undo or because of different policies ( candidate
      can fail ) ?

      A very simple workflow is indeed "short lived" : pick something small,
      branch from master, commit as often, merge to master with some squash if
      required, push

      What does matter finally is how we are comfortable with our history ?,
      Thierry