158536Re: Hubflow? More like Hubflown't

  • JeffGrigg
    Feb 15, 2013

      --- Adrian Howard <adrianh@...> wrote:
      > One observation is that it often seems to be tied to the
      > team's preferred way of working. If you like working by
      > yourself / remotely then having feature branches can seem
      > a nice way to work since you don't have to deal with the
      > rest of the team most of the time.

      OK; the blog author has discovered feature branches. I do find it interesting that there is no mention of merging mainline changes into long-lived feature branches. In my experience, the longer you wait before merging, the riskier and more costly the merge process.

      Branching, particularly long-lived branching (with little merging) tends to punish refactoring.