158251Re: [XP] Scrum, and Revolution

  • M. Manca
    Dec 7, 2012
      Il 07/12/2012 18:37, RonJeffries ha scritto:

      > Scrum comes in two forms:
      >
      > One: Stuff that works kind of well, but not VERY well.

      I agree.

      > Two: Extreme Programming.

      Yes, Extreme Programming is more useful because it "suggest" some
      practices that are very well suited to real sw development.

      > Scrum as a movement continues to grow, but it's not really going anywhere.
      >
      > Someone should do something about this.
      >
      > Discuss.

      What I can say is that I appreciate a lot every effort to improve
      software development (in the largest meaning of the term).
      In my opinion XP practices and techniques and something taken from
      others in the field of BDD and ATDD (both ideas, techniques and tools)
      should be explored and integrated a little better but I think that they
      are mature now so it is difficult to find a main way to follow.

      In my specific situation I don't need improvements on how to develop and
      test my applications, I need a more integrated approach starting from
      the requirements to the acceptance tests execution, I mean more
      automation to translate requirements into acceptance tests also with
      some reverse engineering.