156683Re: Relevance of XP in Modern era

  • MarvinToll.com
    Aug 20, 2011
      It has been a disappointment to me that Scrum has received widespread 'mind-share'... while XP has tended to appeal to an insular community.

      It reminds a bit of the struggle professional orchestras currently endure. If they remain technically excellent but fail to appeal to a cross-section of the community funding sometimes becomes a problem.

      --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, RonJeffries <ronjeffries@...> wrote:

      > Hello paul,
      >
      > On Aug 19, 2011, at 10:50 AM, paul wrote:
      >
      > > XP is essentially "scrum" for software projects. Its just a case of convergent evolution.
      >

      > That's not remotely correct. Scrum is roughly a very small subset of XP. There is strong evidence that convergent evolution was not involved.
      >
      > Ron Jeffries
      > www.XProgramming.com
      > I try to Zen through it and keep my voice very mellow and low.
      > Inside I am screaming and have a machine gun.
      > Yin and Yang I figure.
      > -- Tom Jeffries
    • Show all 28 messages in this topic