155977Re: [XP] Re: Is experimentation an XP value?

  • Adam Sroka
    Nov 8, 2010
      I seem to recall quite a few teams claiming to be doing XP and doing it
      either partially or naively. I think that was true in the early days
      (1999-2004 or so) and less so since Scrum has emerged as the big player.

      I still encounter teams that think they are doing some of the practices but
      have not really understood them. They think they are doing TDD but it is
      really integration test first. They think they are doing CI because
      CruiseControl is compiling their project nightly, etc.
      On Nov 8, 2010 7:40 AM, "Charlie Poole" <charlie@...> wrote:
      > On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 7:28 AM, Steven Gordon <sgordonphd@...>
      wrote:
      >> On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 7:24 PM, Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries@...> wrote:

      >>> late
      >>> teams
      >>>
      >>> Yes ... what you say would be true for teams that really do Scrum.
      >>> It seems that many do not despite using the word.
      >>>

      >> Ron,
      >>
      >> It does seem that the percentage of XP teams really doing XP is
      >> significantly greater than the percentage of Scrum teams really doing
      Scrum.