155965Re: [XP] Is experimentation an XP value?

    Nov 7, 2010
      Hello, Adam. On Sunday, November 7, 2010, at 12:08:42 AM, you
      wrote:

      > Yes, that's exactly what I was talking about. The XP folks who I know
      > have a natural tendency to try new things that led them to XP in the
      > first place. A lot of the folks I am dealing with now want me to
      > promise that it is going to work before they try it and even then they
      > seem to fear the change. They will do something if I tell them they
      > have to, but that is contrary to both my values and the values that we
      > would like to see them embrace. It's a tough nut.

      Have these people had Scrum training? Have they heard about Inspect
      and Adapt? Are they doing retrospectives? If so, what do they do in
      them if not figure out ways to improve? If not, why the hell not?

      Reason is and ought only to be the slave of the passions. -- David Hume
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic