155954Re: [XP] Re: A trend in career creation?

  • D.André Dhondt
    Nov 6, 2010
      On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 4:43 PM, Chris Wheeler <christopher.wheeler@...
      > wrote:

      > I feel as though some have not taken the time to acquire the hard skills
      > necessary to work on an actual XP/Agile
      > team.

      It's hard to develop the soft skills necessary to coach an agile team. I've
      (mostly) stopped working on my technical skills to focus on the soft
      skills--and it's made a big difference in my ability to coach teams.

      > I could get past the hard skills thing if there was real evidence that the
      > practitioners were true 'change agents'.

      What's evidence? My job is to work myself out of a job, to get the team to
      the point that they say, in Lao-tsu's words, "we did it ourselves".

      I call myself a coach, or a facilitator. My business card says "Don't teams
      gel themselves? Dhondt teams do!"

      This is a tall claim, and I think it's the same attitude that you're
      against. So tell me more.

      --
      D. André Dhondt
      mobile: 215-805-0819