154727Re: user stories for different operating systems

  • xtremenilanjan
    Aug 5, 2010
      It is "the user of my system needs to install on windows"

      Can I just leave the OS out of the user story ? Maybe not for install.

      What about for other stories? Do I need to call out the OS?

      I am wondering if there are many OS, databases, can I note it down along with the story?

      Can I create tasks within a single user story for each of these instead of multiple stories?

      Thanks for your response.

      - Nilanjan

      --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, Bill Caputo <list-subscriber@...> wrote:

      > On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 7:47 PM, xtremenilanjan <xtremenilanjan@...> wrote:
      > > Does it make sense or not to create user stories for tasks to be performed on different operating systems.
      > >
      > > e.g., Install on Windows, Install on Linux
      >
      > If that's "The user of my system can install product on Windows and/or
      > Linux" yes. If that's "We need to remember to install our stuff on the
      > windows server as part of deployment" no as that's a technical task,
      > and I am in the "don't write down internal (to team) memos as
      > externally visible story cards" camp these days.
      >
      > Bill

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic